The Conference will be held at Queen’s College at the Parkville Campus.An interactive map of the campus can be found here.
The conference sessions will be held in the Lade (South Wing), Stafford and Junior Common (Eakins Hall) rooms at Queen’s College. If you need any help during the conference someone will be able to help you at the registration desk in Eakins Foyer. Click here to download a map of the buildings in the College.
Getting into the city from the Airport
From Melbourne Airport, take SkyBus to the Melbourne city terminal situated at Southern Cross Station (in Spencer Street). This normally costs approximately $16.00 and does not need to be booked. See airport buses for information about the public transport services which run to and from Melbourne Airport, including SkyBus and bus routes 478, 479, 500 and 901.
A taxi from the airport will take around 40 minutes and will cost approximately $50.00. See below for a list of taxi companies and phone numbers.
Public transport to the University
The best way to get to the University is by tram. Trams run along Royal Parade and Swanston Street, and buses run along Grattan Street directly outside the university campus. The tram numbers are located here. Directions to the College can be found here.TramTracker is a great app that you can download to your smart phone – it gives you live updates on tram times and it picks up on which tram stop you’re closest to. Download it here.
You will need a myki card when travelling on public transport in Melbourne. You can buy and top up a myki at:
- All 7-Eleven stores, plus other retailers displaying the myki sign
- myki machines (full fare myki only) at all metropolitan train stations
- Online at ptv.vic.gov.au
- By calling 1800 800 007 (6am – midnight daily).
- At Melbourne Airport myki machines have been installed in Terminals 2, 3 and 4; concession myki cards can be purchased from the SkyBus Terminal, where you can buy a myki visitor pack. Further information and ticket prices can be found here.
The Melbourne travel smart map can be downloaded here. More information on bicycle lanes can be found here. Bicycles can be hired through the bikeshare system at the University and at several locations around the city. Helmets are required by law, and can be purchased for $5 from 7-Eleven stores. Fees are listed here.
The College has limited on-site parking. Please contact the College directly to organise this. If available this will cost $5 per day.
On-street parking is available, but very limited. There are multi-storey car parks within walking distance of the university – check out their prices before driving into the university, some are very expensive:
- University Square Car Park (Berkeley Street near the corner of Grattan Street, Carlton);
- Kim Lim Parking (16 Leicester Street, Carlton);
- Regal Parking (139 Queensberry Street, Carlton) and
- Wilson Parking at the Royal Womens’ Hospital (cnr of Grattan Street and Royal Parade).
A full list of parking options near the College can be viewed here.
There is a taxi rank outside the Royal Melbourne Hospital in Grattan Street. Major Melbourne taxi companies include:
- Arrow – 13 2211
- Black Cabs Combined – 13 2227
- Silver Top Taxis – 13 1008
- Wheelchair accessible taxis – 9265 4602 or 9277 3877
Please note that apart from a number of designated smoking areas, the University of Melbourne is now smoke free. These areas are indicated on this map.